The project was originally established in October 2001 as the Scottish Clans DNA Project and merged with the Scotland DNA Project in 2012.
- To provide DNA information for all clans and families of Scottish ancestry
- To provide reference sources whereby individuals can find best-match DNA results and genealogy information
- To provide education and information on genetic genealogy
- The Project welcomes individuals who have a Scottish lineage on their own direct paternal (yDNA) or maternal (mtDNA) line of descent.
- Scottish DNA Project Blog – our blog aims to keep participants and the wider genetic community updated in an informal manner about project news, results and developments http://scottishdna.blogspot.com/
- The Scot-DNA mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org is administered by Lauren Boyd: email@example.com
What to do next
- If you have never had your DNA testedThere is a discounted price available by joining through the project. Click on the link below to begin the process for your own Family Tree DNA test www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.asp?code=R56404
(Alternatively, test kits can now be purchased and mailed from the United Kingdom – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have already tested with Family Tree DNA and wish to join the Scottish DNA Project go to www.familytreedna.com/group-join-request.aspx?Group=Scottish-Clans
- Check out the rest of this web site for more information. Start with How This Works